Wednesday 29 February 2012

The silence

The silence

Paul McCartney sings…
Sitting on the stand of the sports arena,
waiting for the show to begin,
red lights, green lights, strawberry wine,
a good friend of mine, follows the stars…

Suddenly the needle
slips off the record
and the music stops.
I wake up to
the sudden silence
that fills the room,
the creepy silence
of the grave.

I feel for
the solace
of my woman’s
warm body…
but none is there
on the bed,
except me.
Where’s she gone?

Once I told her,
together we will
follow the stars.
And she came,
walking behind me
to the dark roads
that lay ahead...
hoping someday
we will touch a star.
Where’s she now?

Maybe, she has
gone up and turned
herself into a star.
Maybe, the silence
knows everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say something to me