Thursday 5 April 2012

Yesterday

Yesterday

Yesterday,
in the profile of a
charming girl in the facebook,
a sentence caught my attention.

It just said, “I am available.”
My mouth watered as if
a delectable meal is right
in front of me.

I scanned the page with
the shrewd eyes of an eagle
that’s about to land on the lonely
rabbit grazing on a meadow.

Then, I got it, the address where
she resides. it said, near
the pear tree at the south corner
of the compound wall.

Without wasting a second, I set out
yesterday, exactly at 11.59pm,
the right time to meet her.

Finally, I found the pear tree,
and at the south corner
of the compound wall
of the silent grounds,
I saw her residence on which
in neat letters, has written
her name, Lucy 1990-2010.

It was yesterday, and
I am close by her now,
not bothered about
today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say something to me