Wednesday 4 April 2012

The silence

The silence

Paul McCartney sings…
Sitting on the stand of the sports arena,
waiting for the show to begin,
red lights, green lights, strawberry wine,
a good friend of mine, follows the stars…

Suddenly the needle
slips off the record
and the music stops.
I wake up to
the sudden silence
that fills the room,
the creepy silence
of the grave.

I feel for
the solace
of my woman’s
warm body…
but none is there
on the bed,
except me.
Where’s she gone?

Once I told her,
together we will
follow the stars.
And she came,
walking behind me
to the dark roads
that lay ahead...
hoping someday
we will touch a star.
Where’s she now?

Maybe, she has
gone up and turned
herself into a star.
Maybe, the silence
knows everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say something to me