Friday 6 April 2012

FACECROOK

FACECROOK


Before me, the shining rectangle
of my desktop’s monitor,
flashing millions of faces
shedding emotions beyond understanding,
faces carved in perennial pain and
looking for the solace of friendship…

In my friendship list,
I add another number,
totaling it to half a million
and without thinking I ask myself,
why I don’t have many friends
in my real life…?

It’s confusion and chaos
my shadow friends,
in which blooms the tears
of automated love, mechanized passion,
electronic emotions and
wired orgasm…

I can hear your whispers
of eternal desperation,
of the relentless searching
day and night, forgetting
even the frugal crumbs
of your daily bread.
I can see the facecrook that
hides behind your real face…

Don’t look back, you may see
life in its true colours…
the blue sky, the green
grass fields, the flower beds
in dreamlike gardens, the fresh
and inviting summer air…
you may hear the laughter
of little children, the soothing
voice of your grandmother
or the chirp of cute canaries…

Don’t look back, be the facecrook
that you are, you unbeatable entity,
the molester of all dreams,
you facecrook…

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say something to me